Nwodo Betrayed Our Trust By Endorsing Atiku, Says Ohaneze Ndigbo Secretary
Atiku and Nwodo Uche Okwukwu, Secretary-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, says the endorsement of Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) by John Nwodo, the Ohanaeze Ndigbo President, is “betrayal of trust reposed on him” by Igbo leaders. He said this in an interview with The Sun, stating that the adoption and endorsement of Atiku did not follow due process. Okwukwu noted that as the Secretary-General of the body, he did not sight any communiqué, nor did he sign anything to that effect, it as it should be done. “It is a procedural error. I must say as the Secretary-General, that I sign the communiqué with the President General, that one never took place; I never saw any communiqué. In fact, no communiqué was drafted. And that’s why I said that the purported endorsement of Atiku is invalid," he said. He also described the Imeobi meeting where Atiku was endorsed, as fake and unconstitutional because key leaders were absent. “Imagine an Imeobi that wa...
Comments
Post a Comment